Before this, I used to be a president of XXX club and YYY club in high school time, and I held lots important positions also. I shall say the leadership during that period and now are different- which makes me need to change myself to fit in thou. THE MAIN DISTINGUISHED between previous leadership and now (council): -
- Programme planning vs programme planning + LINKING
- Communicate to committes and members vs Communicate to and for your department + communicate between departments
- Speaking in front of members vs speaking in front of all the GENG ppl
Programme Planning +Linking
Leadership in high school is more on leading the members and committees to carry on meeting until it fulfilled al the meetings which required by the school or GB. And it focuses more on programme planning only, as long as it attracts the members and keeps their spirits.We are more on serving like customer service as well as lead as a leader to motivate them. Besides planning programme to the members of the department, we need to link the students to the department as well as department to the students. Linking job is not easy. It's like when you do assignment, it is easy to state all the points out, but when your lecturer asks you to link all your points and present it out--> You scratch your head. Because there is definitely some outlier. However, as the vice president of the psychology council, I should and cannot ignore them no matter how non-sense it is. I need to find ways to communicate to them politely.
Communicate to & for Your Department + Communicate between Departments
Communication is a hard bit too. We should know when to speak or not, as usual. As a department's representative, I need to voice out for my department in the Student Representative Council meeting. This is a great challenge for me because whatever I decide and say on the spot will influence not only me but my department; in the mean time, I can't just keep quiet throughout the meeting also. Another challenge of stepping into this new arena is I need to say inspiring things and words to encourage others (i.e. committees and juniors). Due to my personality, I wish to encourage others but I find that my words are not inspiring enough. How??? @@ Another thing, my English proficiency- the thing I worry also.
Speaking in front of all the GENG ppl
Speaking in front of 1000 members and speaking in front of all the clubs' presidents, graduates, as well as all the department's heads is totally diff. As metaphor, I wasn't fear of a single thing when I spoke in front of few hundred members during my high school time; however, I'm fear when I am in the the meeting with all the 9 council's presidents. HEY GIE!! Be confident kay :)
I've learnt a lot and met lots challenges during the process of shifting my leadership from a club to a council and department's representative.
BUT I KNOW I CAN ROCK THIS OUT!!! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment